[Spellyans] jangye-ryn

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 18:29:54 IST 2008

I have no other spellings for Jangye-ryn at all and perhaps it needs a
good search.  It needn't translate as "ice-house", though.  "Cold store"
would be equally plausible and, of course, they've been around a whole
lot longer.  Cornish was certainly spoken in the Lizard peninsula just
short of 1700 (and, for all we know - and quite likely, too - it was
spoken in pockets for a fair bit longer).  I often wonder what records,
documents, etc, there may be hidden away in the Lizard peninsula,
perhaps in the lofts of the big houses.

Craig