[Spellyans] KK ha'n SWF - pronunciation

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 18:20:41 IST 2008

No "scholar" apart from Ken George himself, believes that the
hypothetical phonology he posits is correct.
On the other hand all the trained linguists and Celticists who have
examined his work believe he is very mistaken.
In fact Ken George is in a minority of one. All the other scholars and
revivalists accept that
Middle Cornish had no long consonants, no half-length and that
unstressed syllables had been reduced to schwa.
George insists that Middle Cornish had a geminate m in kemyn for
example, a half-long vowel in Kernewek
and that unstressed e, a, o were all kept separate. His own speech
belies his assertians however.
His spoken Cornish is close to the standard form of the revived
language which itself is essentially Unified.

Nicholas