[Spellyans] KK ha'n SWF - pronunciation - re DG

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 14:08:17 IST 2008

Yes, I have certainly heard Dick speak in Cornish spontaneously and on
many occasions, too.  I don't think that there is anyone alive who has
spoken Cornish for as long as he has and, most certainly, his
pronunciation contains not a drop of Received English (as I have heard
from all too many Cornish users).  This is Cornish pure and simple, and
it accords with Lhuyd's detailed description of the pronunciation of
native Cornish (which is the only reliable account we have - beyond
that, everything is pure conjecture).

Craig