[Spellyans] KK ha'n SWF - pronunciation

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 15:55:04 IST 2008

Ken and his supporters claimed to have worked out the phonology of
Cornish
perfectly (cf. George's "phonemic perfections") in 1987.
Even if we know the sounds of Cornish, there remains the problem
of intonation, which is at this distance irrecoverable.

Mark you it would help if speakers pronounced Cornish as they agree it
should be.
I have heard Bernard Deacon and Ken George speaking Cornish on
the Kerewegva and both pronounce yw, ew 'is' [ju:] when it should
be pronounced [Iw].

Ken George writes <nowydh> but he says ['now at T];
he writes <koes> but says [ku:z].

Nicholas