[Spellyans] KK ha'n SWF - pronunciation

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 16:00:49 IST 2008

Of course he doesn't!
He thinks that Cornish is a fifth dialect of Breton.
Though curiously he suggests in the book that the shift of chy > chei
was because this long vowel in Cornish partook in the English great
vowel shift!

The most remarkable point about George's book (as first noticed by
Penglase and
reiterated by Jon Mills) is that the takes his system as given and
makes no
attempt to prove it.

Cornish is like Breton. No need for discussion.

Nicholas