[Spellyans] KK ha'n SWF - pronunciation

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 18:47:14 IST 2008

Unfortunately, he doesn't.  He condemns Late Cornish and all its sources
as "corrupt" (and KK isn't?).  However, he was attempting to reconstruct
the pronunciation of Cornish c. 1500 then declares his finding to be
"correct".  How does he know?  How do we know?  It can't be tested
without the use of a TARDIS (for those of you in the States, that's Dr
Who's time machine: Time And Relative Dimensions In Space).

Lhuyd offers the only detailed guide to the pronunciation of Cornish
that we have and has been very well dissected by Dick Gendall in his The
Pronunciation of Cornish.  For me, it is foolish to ignore Lhuyd.

Craig