[Spellyans] KK ha'n SWF - pronunciation

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 18:50:27 IST 2008

Breton exsist because people from south-western Britain (Dumnonia)
colonised Brittany (and Galicia) in the mid 5th century, taking their
south-western dialect of Brythonic with them.  That dialect, in
Dumnonia, evolved into Cornish.  The dialect of the colonists in
Brittany evolved differently, perhaps with influence from Gaulish, into
Breton.

It would, I think, be more accurate to say that Breton is a dialect of
Cornish (or at least of the direct ancestor of Cornish).

Craig