[Spellyans] Rules of Sandhi

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Mon Aug 11 01:10:51 IST 2008

This is a bit off topic, as spelling is not affected, but it is related to spelling:

The KK pronunciation guides describe so called "rules of sandhi", whereby the final consonant of a word is pronounced differently depending on the nature of the initial of the following word. The UC, UCR and SWF Specification pronunciation guides do not mention this. Will it be part of the pronunciation guide for KS? Should it be taught in relation to the SWF? Should it be in the SWF specification? Do KK users follow the rules or are they aspirational?

P.S. Are there any more faults with SWF that we need to discuss or are we done with spelling now?

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim