[Spellyans] CLP Survey is published

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 13:47:19 IST 2008

On 22 Aug 2008, at 10:28, Kernuack at aol.com wrote:
> We are just about ready  to send out the long awaited cd and
> booklet by  Dick Gendall. I apologise for not keeping everyone
> informed sooner - a bad car accident on the "Ladock Black Spot" has
> had me in hospital, confined to bed and then kept indoors for
> longer than I had hoped.  Have just caught up on the spellyans
> debates - computer out of bounds for 4 weeks. They  are
> fascinating. I contribute seldom, but with such interesting and
> valuable contributions we are hopefully bound to come to a
> satisfactory conclusion in the end. Ever the optimist Mina

Mina whek,

So sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you're on the mend.

I was a passenger in a serious car crash many years ago, and it was
only through providence that we survived at all, let alone with only
the light injuries we received. The experience, though, did make me
realise how precious life truly is (and how fragile!).

Please keep us posted about Dick's booklet/CD; in particular I'd
appreciate details of how to order copies through the post.

I recently followed up a link someone posted to a few movies of DG
speaking Cornish on YouTube, and he has such a wonderful voice that
it was a great pleasure to listen to him. For those who might have
missed this, there's half-a-dozen or so of him at:
	http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richard
+gendall&search_type=&aq=f
These include the whole of Jowan Chy an Horth, and few others added
more recently, that I've not had the chance to listen to yet.
Furthermore, there are some others to be found under "Cornish
Language" at:
	http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cornish
+language&search_type=&search=Search

Oll an gwella dhys,

Eddie Foirbeis Climo
Dres ethom akennow byner re bons lyeshes
Accenti non multiplicanda praeter necessitatem