[Spellyans] del 'leaves' and dèl/dell 'so, as'

ajtrim at msn.com ajtrim at msn.com
Sat Dec 13 19:12:34 GMT 2008

Thanks, Daniel.

I think that explains why unstressed "so" is <del> in the SWF.
Sooo, it does follow the SWF rules, after all.

Sooo, is it always unstressed?
If "so" is stressed, as it is in my two sentences above (and this one too), do we spell it <dell>, or does the vowel become long?

Certainly in English, "so" is often stressed. Of course, Cornish is not English.

What do we do in KS???
I still think that <dell> would be best for KS.

Regards,

Andrew  J. Trim