[Spellyans] del 'leaves' and dèl/dell 'so, as'

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sun Dec 14 18:35:44 GMT 2008

From: Ray Chubb
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:57 AM

On 13 Kev 2008, at 19:12, <ajtrim at msn.com> <ajtrim at msn.com> wrote:

Thanks, Daniel.

I think that explains why unstressed "so" is <del> in the SWF.

Sooo, it does follow the SWF rules, after all.

Sooo, is it always unstressed?

In the regularly used phrase 'Del won yn ta' it would be stressed.

If "so" is stressed, as it is in my two sentences above (and this one too),
do we spell it <dell>, or does the vowel become long?

Certainly in English, "so" is often stressed. Of course, Cornish is not

What do we do in KS???

I still think that <dell> would be best for KS.

Andrew  J. Trim