[Spellyans] SWF vowel inconsistencies

Terry Corbett teli7777 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 19:23:55 BST 2008

> The vowels of the SWF and their sound are listed on p. 4 as:

An Outline of the Standard Written Form of Cornish

<eu> [9(:)] [e: E]

<i> (~ <-ei>) [i(:)] [i(:) I] ~ [- at I] § 3.4

<y> [I(:)] [i: I e: E]

<o> [O(:) 7] [o: O 7]

<oo> [o: u:] [u:]

<oa>  [a:] [Q:](RLC only)

Maybe it would be good to look at each of these especially as to how well
each spelling measures up to the principles 1-4 of the SWF. ( allowing for
Michaels suggested reading of number 3). I have change the IPA to xsampa.
The first entry between [] is identified as RMC pronunciation and the second
as RLC and "Tudor Cornish" pronunciations

Terry.