[Spellyans] SWF vowel inconsistencies

Terry Corbett teli7777 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 20:44:25 IST 2008

My understanding is that the SWF is supposed to allow all of the different
groups to be able to derive their proper pronunciation from the spelling. In
that I think it clearly fails. Could you tell me what you believe were the
vowels of pre-prosodic shift Cornish? Would they be the same as KK or are
there differences? Obviously most KK speakers fail to acquire recommended KK
pronunciation, but not including this "aspirational" pronunciation in the
SWF is probably politically impractical if you want to get the SWF to accept
diacritics.

Terry