[Spellyans] SWF vowel inconsistencies

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Jul 1 23:11:43 IST 2008

At 13:44 -0600 2008-07-01, Terry Corbett wrote:
>Could you tell me what you believe were the vowels of pre-prosodic
>shift Cornish?

Why? Do you think anyone says "I want to learn Cornish but only that
Cornish spoken before the Prosodic Shift"?

>Obviously most KK speakers fail to acquire recommended KK
>pronunciation, but not including this "aspirational" pronunciation
>in the SWF is probably politically impractical if you want to get
>the SWF to accept diacritics.

What I want is a coherent and accurate orthography that we can use to
publish with. Whether it gets adopted at some time by the CLP is not
my primary goal. My primary goal is to get books published so people
can read them.

KS will not support "aspirational" phonology. I can't see how it could.