[Spellyans] SWF vowel inconsistencies

Ken MacKinnon kenmackinnon at enterprise.net
Wed Jul 2 07:49:13 IST 2008

Yes - that is my problem too.  I attempted fourth grade exams two or three
years ago - but came a cropper (inter alia) with the pronunciation in the
oral test.  So that is where I am stuck at present.   With the current
developments I do not see any way forward at present.

I do not propose to re-run my experience learning Gaelic ( as a teenager
some sixty years ago in circumstances beyond reavch of any native speakers)
having learned the language from books - I had effectively to re-learn it
when I came in contact with actual native speakers whom I could not
understand and who could not understand me.

This is a real problem and it needs to be addressed.

- an Ken ken

(Prof) Ken MacKinnon,
Ivy Cottage, Ferintosh,
The Black Isle, by Dingwall,