[Spellyans] SWF vowel inconsistencies

Owen Cook owen.e.cook at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:16:45 IST 2008

2008/7/2 nicholas williams <njawilliams at gmail.com> rug scrifa:
> The best Cornish I have ever heard was Neil Kennedy's before he left
> for Brittany and
> Dan's JCH. Dan has the great advantages
> of being 1. a trained linguist; 2. a professional actor.
>
> Perhaps Dan should be employed to produce learners' materials.

Hear, hear! I would love to hear more recordings of Dan's Cornish. His
fast, uninhibited delivery is particulary good practice for those
wanting to work on listening for detail.

I wonder if Dan could be persuaded to record, for example, a
miscellany of Cornish poems, epitaphs and such-like? There's a good
bit of such material from the Tudor period onwards. Some of the
soliloquies from Creacon of the World might make interesting subjects.

Oll an gwelha,
~~Owen