[Spellyans] Introducing Penny Squire

Penny Squire pennysquire at ymail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:43:08 IST 2008

Hello, I'm Penny Squire and I've been studying Cornish for a while, partly through KDL using Kemmyn and partly by looking at everything I could lay my hands on.  Unfortunately I have been in and out of Cornwall a lot over the past few years, so classes and exams were out, and conversational experience has been crammed in whenever possible. Hopefully this may change before long.

I also have some UC and LC material which I picked up here and there and I have looked at some of the MC texts, so I am reasonably aware of the different spellings. I have not studied linguistics but have a smattering of languages and am pretty good at hearing differences in dialects.

In my opinion the SWF is a disaster! I don't see how it can be fixed, but I gather that some believe that it may be possible.  I'm willing to hear everyone's views - which is why I'm here.

Penny