[Spellyans] Introducing Penny Squire

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 17:52:57 IST 2008

Yes, Penny, I've read John Angarrack's latest as well - and have good
reason to know that he has very much hit upon the truth.  The "Windsor"
bit is intriguing (although his real surname is Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or,
paternally, Battenburg) - so how come his sons are William and Harry
Wales?  What is that about?  Is it a legal change of name under Deed
Poll?  Or, basically, why?

KK pronunciation is not an easy subject, because there is more than
one.  There is the pronunciation recommended by Ken George in his
published material - and there is that which is used by almost every KK
user, including Ken George which is, in fact, the pronunciation of
Unified Cornish.

The SWF with traditional forms is not, in my view, a disaster.  There
are things that are fundamentally wrong with it, hence this Spellyans
list, but nothing that can't be put right.  The real disaster is the
fact that there are two forms, the "main" form retaining some KK
graphs.  I presume this is why they dropped the original title "Single"
Written Form and replaced it with "Standard" Written Form.

Craig (Marhak on C24, if you hadn't already twigged)