[Spellyans] Diacritics?

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 10:52:11 IST 2008

When it comes to advocating the use of diacritics in Cornish, we need
to be as parsimonious as possible. We must remember the extreme
hostility expressed towards their use by many within the Revival.

I suspect that having more than just one single accent, used as
sparingly as possible, would be as much as we might hope would find
broad acceptance (at least, when used outside of dictionaries and
didactic material).

To adapt the Law of Parsimony in Occam's famous Razor to our work, we
should have as out motto:

> Accenti non multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
>
> (Accents should not be multiplied beyond necessity).

Eddie Foirbeis Climo