[Spellyans] Introducing Penny Squire

Ken MacKinnon kenmackinnon at enterprise.net
Fri Jul 11 10:27:41 IST 2008

It was Chaspar Pult (not 'Pultz').  I am not sure why he 'baled out' but he was recommended as having eminent experience in establishing a standard Romantsch ' Romantsch Grishun' on the basis of three existing dialects.

Fishman baled out owing to an accident (fall in bathroom).  He is in in his eighties and it shook him up - decided he was not making any further transatlantic forays.   Having recently had a similar accident in a Glasgow hotel it is not funny and has concentrated my own mind somewhat on my own activities.

The linguistic eminence of the remainder may be a matter for personal opinion - or a matter of the deficiencies of Google.  In my own view in this case most definitely the latter.

- an Ken ken

(Prof) Ken MacKinnon,
Ivy Cottage, Ferintosh,
The Black Isle, by Dingwall,