Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 08:45:34 IST 2008

No, Craig hasn't really demonstrated that at all.  I have no problem
typing diacritics on a Word document, where it is extremely easy to do
so.  I have a new e-mail system that needs to be worked out a bit (and
one has to bear in mind that I am the sort of guy who spent 3 months
learning how to switch on a PC).  So, any problem I have is confined to
e-mailing (and I know that it is possible to do it).  Once I work out
what to click and when, then problem solved (and I did note that when I
found the tool by accdent, it catered for a hell of a lot of diacritics
and symbols).

You seem to have a very negative view, Mary, but look at it this way -
these discussions, especially among those much more adept in linguistics
than I am, show that there is much that hasn't been very well understood
in Cornish, even after 100 years of the revival.  The KS process threw
up many such questions, too, and they were discussed, researched and
addressed for the very first time.  Don't you think that this is highly
beneficial, especially when these discussions are open?  Compare that
with the data-base that formed the basis of KK - a data-base that its
originator has refused to release into the public domain for more than
20 years.

Craig