Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 20:58:06 IST 2008

I thoroughly agree with Michael here.  There are those who do not
believe that Cornish had regional dialects, on the grounds that Cornwall
is geographically small.  But you must bear in mind that Cornwall is
also elongated.  For me, the clincher in this argument is that, up to 40
or 50 years ago, you could distinguish, say, a Mousehole man from a St
Ives man by his speech.

Cornish most certainly did have regional dialects, probably several.

Craig