[Spellyans] Eddie's problems

Penny Squire pennysquire at ymail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:20:18 IST 2008

Eddie,

Both Michael and Nicholas have clearly but politely brought it to my attention that the wording of my passing remark gave offence to Nicholas and one other on this list and I have taken that on board and made my apologies.

While surfacing the same concern you have managed clarity but seem unable to manage politeness.

Let me say that I have no intention of insulting anyone's intelligence and would have thought that enough of that had already been done by the Cornish Language Partnership.

I have two questions for you:

(1) if you have "... never heard of 'Doris Ansari' and her 'anti-Cornish agenda' " what expertise, exactly, do you consider that you are bringing to any discussion about the Cornish language?

(2) Do you have a problem with women having opinions?

Penny