[Spellyans] diacritics: what should KS recomment?

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 18:30:35 IST 2008

A gowetha ker,

So far, we've discussed the acceptable use of diacritics in various
contexts. There are, perhaps, 3 such areas that we need to consider:
(1) didactic material, such as dictionaries, grammars and learners'
texts.
(2) ordinary published material for the more fluent user of Cornish.
(3) the less formal registers of usage (by both fluent and less
fluent users), such as personal letters, e-mail, discussion groups,
on-line chat forums etc.

This last area might also include the cases of:
-- those who cannot use the normal diacrits (due to technical
limitations of, say, their email program, and
-- those who just won't use the normal diacrits (even though they
could do so).

Are we yet in a position to draw up a consensus of the
recommendations KS will make to deal with these cases?

yn lel,

Eddie Foirbeis Climo
Dres ethom akennow byner re bons lyeshes
Accenti non multiplicanda praeter necessitatem