Mary Williams marywilliams230 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 01:07:35 IST 2008

2008/7/15 Harry Fraiser <harryfraiser at googlemail.com> rug scrifa:

> Could we use 'zh' or 'dzh' in modern Cornish, perhaps?

In theory, certainly, but what good would it do? We want an
orthography that will bridge the gap between Middle and Late
orthographies, thereby making RLC material accessible to RMC users and
vice versa. Using a grapheme for RLC that wouldn't be present in RMC
subverts this overall design.

~~Owen

-------------

I've often wondered why nobody has put all the Late material
together in a book, I don't imagine it would be a very thick book.
Is that what you mean by "making RLC material accessible"? I've
seen Dick Gendall's dictionaries and course books, but I can't
recall seeing anything written in this system apart from the odd
line or two here and there. Likewise Jenny was talking about the
need to cater for kids growing up learning Late, until someone
pointed out to her that there weren't any! Why do you feel the
need to give so much attention to a group that's almost invisible
to us in Cornwall?

Mary