Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Jul 18 19:44:38 IST 2008

At 00:07 +0000 2008-07-16, Mary Williams wrote:

>I've often wondered why nobody has put all the Late material
>together in a book,

Book publishing takes time and effort. Some of the material simply
hasn't been edited. I'd be quite pleased to publish an editor of Late
material.

>I don't imagine it would be a very thick book.

On what basis would you say this? It doesn't sound as if you know.

>Is that what you mean by "making RLC material accessible"? I've seen
>Dick Gendall's dictionaries and course books, but I can't recall
>seeing anything written in this system apart from the odd line or
>two here and there.

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :-)

>Likewise Jenny was talking about the need to cater for kids growing
>up learning Late, until someone pointed out to her that there
>weren't any!

That is completely untrue.

>Why do you feel the need to give so much attention to a group that's
>almost invisible to us in Cornwall?

Neil Kennedy tells me that most learners of RLC pretty much stick to
themselves. They don't attempt to have a great internet presence.
They don't publish many books. They speak Cornish in their daily
lives, with their friends and colleagues. Just because you haven't
met them doesn't mean that they don't exist. Please do not be so
dismissive.