Pat patmiller4 at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 20 22:40:23 IST 2008

I think it was about 1993 as the result of issues over the spelling of Bardic names that a decision was taken to permit them to be in KK,  however I think I am correct in saying whatever the spelling was on entry into the Gorseth, it cannot be officially changed within the organisation afterwards.
Pat

Generally, new bards can determine their own bardic names, as long as it
doesn't coincide with someone else's. That's why I could never
understand why the Gorsedd would not accept my first choice of "Menhyr"
(they reckoned that it couldn't be accepted as a past Bard had been
"Menhyryon").

Morton Nance's Unified Cornish was, and still is, the official language
of the Gorsedd and so, all Bardic names have to be in that particular
orthography.

Craig