[Spellyans] reDistribution of <i> and <y>

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Wed Jul 23 21:37:35 IST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Everson
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:56 PM

{.} "I think Dan is really mixing up things here, because on the one hand he
is talking about

stressed monosyllables and on the other unstressed final syllables. These
are not the

same things." {.}

{.} "Where Dan has seemed to me to mix things up is in his other examples."
{.}

Excuse me, Michael, I know the difference between stressed and unstressed
syllables - thank you very much. I'm not mixing anything up! I was posing a
completely legitimate question. I resent your "interpretation". Your post
will be answered at a later date, but I did want to get this off my chest
first!  :-(