[Spellyans] Porth

Ken MacKinnon kenmackinnon at enterprise.net
Thu Jul 24 19:44:23 IST 2008

Craig, and friends.  I was in the Bord na Gaidhlig office this afternoon and
I noticed that a complimentary copy of Porth: CD and booklets had been
recieved.  I have had a bit of a look through it already.  Yet to play the
CD.

Has anyone else seen this production.  If so what do youi think of it?  This
is using and promoting the SWF.  I seems attractive from the graphics and
book production point-of-view.  I would like Michael's view on the
typrsetting, fonts etc.

'Porth' seems to be based on somewhere like Mousehole / Porth Enys.   What
do folk think about that as an introductory device to the language?

I would be very  interested in informed critique of this production.

This is has now replaced the series of articles by Rod Lyon as the Kernewek
feature in Cornish World.  I shall miss these - and would very much wish
that Rod could do a series of  recordings of them.  My problem as a distabne
learner (seized up if not in abeyance) is confidence in the pronunciation of
the language.  (Spellyans so far does not allay this.)

-an Ken ken

(Prof) Ken MacKinnon,
Ivy Cottage, Ferintosh,
The Black Isle, by Dingwall,