[Spellyans] Porth

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 07:26:19 IST 2008

I see what you mean about the typography which is a bit unfortunate, but
can't see enough to tell how limp or otherwise the storylines are.  I
thought that "Whee!" was a nod to Late Cornish orthography :-P .

Nor can I tell how politically "correct" they are.  In fact, I saw the
words "girl", "boy" and "coloured" - all technically very politically
incorrect.  The censors will do an Enid Blyton job on these :-D   .
Yes, "Ke dhe ves" is very mild but, Eddie, even in pre PC days, you
can't write "Kyj dhe ves" in a children's book!   Not even Enid Blyton's
:-[ .

Seriously, though, I would need to see more of these in order to make
any real judgement.  Pity about the "main form" (it still rankles that
"main-form" status was given to spurious, untraditional graphs based
upon a system that, in turn, are founded on a database that its
originator still won't allow into the public domain after 20-odd years),
but it was Pol Hodge that worked on the texts with Will.

The two samples took an age to download.

Craig