[Spellyans] <y>, <i>, etc

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Fri Jul 25 16:56:52 IST 2008

Just because a word has two or more syntactic functions does not entail two or more lexemes. Are going to spell GALLOS (noun) differently from GALLOS (verb), and every other word that has more than one syntactic function in Cornish? Would you spell the English word BITE differently  in 'Bite an apple' from 'Let's go for a bite' because one is a verb and the other a noun?

I'll be away from my computer over the weekend. Talk to you all again on Monday.

Ol an gwella
Jon

Dr. Jon Mills,
University of Kent