[Spellyans] attestations

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Sun Jul 27 12:45:00 IST 2008

Yes, I would allow them all, and let users choose.

I might pick the more English sounding words as they will be easier!
Others will choose the least English sounding words so that they can pretend
to be Celts (i.e. beyond whatever the reality might be.)
I agree that the language is enhanced, rather than being contaminated, by
total inclusion, provided the included words were used traditionally by
Cornish folk.

I am not so keen on including words like kettryn "bus", which have no
history of use, and we have to be very very careful how words are coined for
things that did not exist during the traditional use of the language, e.g.
words from science and technology like "telephone", "DVD", "mitochondria",
and terms from finance like "a bear market".
The more root words we accept, the easier it will be.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim