[Spellyans] attestations

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Sun Jul 27 16:58:21 IST 2008

I have put together an article on the Kitareen (Kyttryn), which I attach
here for the sake of interest.  Earliest mention appears to be in the
early 1800s (when, of course, there were still pockets of native
speakers about).  Origin of the word might be Spanish.

Craig

(PS to Michael - I tried to delete the screed below this, but it
wouldn't delete).