[Spellyans] au

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Jul 30 14:49:23 IST 2008

On 24 Jul 2008, at 11:04, I wrote:

> At the first meeting of the AHG, Trond used an agenda of issues I
> had written for him. This did not include any reference to <ai> or
> <au> because I hadn't thought about them previously and didn't put
> them on the agenda.

Trond, who evidently reads the archives of Spellyans from time to
time, contacted me to inform me that while he did request (and
receive) a document of issues from me in mid-November, he did not use
it as the basis for his agenda. Rather he asked the AHG as a whole
what they thought needed to be discussed.

As it happens, the order in which things did get discussed (to judge
by the debriefings I had each day from Andrew) was (to my mind) the
same as that of my agenda. Of course that may well be because (1) the
problems being linguistic were common and (2) the Agan Tavas members
of the AHG had my list of priorities as well.

I was unaware that Trond had not used the contribution to form the
agenda. He says he did not, so I must stand corrected.

In any case, the fact that I missed <ai> and <au> in my agenda was
certainly why they did not get put on the list of issues; had they
been on my original list Andrew would certainly have brought it up and
it would have been dealt with by the AHG.

Michael Everson