[Spellyans] Late Cornish adaptations

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 19:03:47 IST 2008

Eddie Climo wrote:
I could never see the reason for distinguishing the words with a later
<oa> pronunciation.  It is only a mere handful of words; half a dozen or
so, and you soon learn which they are without the need for a separate
spelling.  I've been pronouncing those words in the Late fashion for
years without having to think even though the vowel has been shown as
long a.

It was unnecessary.  Own, for "correct" runs the risk of being confused
with own, "fear".

Craig