[Spellyans] Front unrounded vowels, was: The quantity system

Owen Cook owen.e.cook at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:26:39 IST 2008

On a more philosophical basis, are we studiously trying to avoid
departing from the SWF in concept, or fixing it where it made the
wrong decision on political grounds?

If the former, then I imagine we must also keep the main form variants
including <hw> and <kw>. We can't get rid of them, they're in the SWF.

If the latter, then we can say, no, <hw> and <kw> were the wrong call
wrong call and we're not having it either.

Okay, I'm phrasing this in a more provocative manner than I really
mean it to be; however, we will need to decide this question sooner or
later. Are we trying to fix the problems in the concept of the SWF, or
only monkey with the implementation of that concept?

Oll an gwelha,
~~Owen