[Spellyans] <y Y> + diacritical

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jun 26 10:25:24 IST 2008

At 10:18 +0100 2008-06-26, A. J. Trim wrote:
>Most of the problems that I have seen regarding
>diacritical marks have been  caused during
>e-mail. Please see my PDF file that I posted
>yesterday. It  shows e-mail failure for e and y
>with the dieresis.

It shows that Steve Tinney's e-mail client took
the ë and ÿ which I sent out and converted it
into another encoding; perhaps UTF-8 or UTF-16? I
know that I received them on my non-Unicode
e-mail client as question marks. You received
them as boxes. Because you had locked the PDF, I
was unable to select the character and find out
what you had received.