[Spellyans] Keigwin

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Jun 27 16:29:20 IST 2008

At 11:14 -0400 2008-06-27, stinney at sas.upenn.edu wrote:

>  > I wonder if Jenner should be reprinted.
>
>Perhaps, though the PDF is quite readable.

Not nearly as nice as a book. ;-)

>A facsimile reprint of Lhuyd would be a Great Good, I think.  It
>would just need someone who is willing to sacrifice an original, or
>who could contribute an original whose binding is already in poor
>condition.

I wouldn't sacrifice my original... it needs rebinding not because
the spine or stitching is in bad shape, but because it was re-bound
in 1955 in an icky university leatherette.

Now that Unicode has all of Lhuyd's characters, however, the book
could be re-published verbatim if it were keyed in. (Though one might
have to choose whether to preserve the long s or not as it often
interferes with reading for most modern readers.)