[Spellyans] "become" with nouns

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:51:56 GMT 2008

Michael tells Christ that Meriasek was his loyal servant and his life
is now finished. Meriasek is taken to heaven.
The bishop tell his hearers that Meriasek was Christ's loyal servant
and there follows an account of Meriasek's saintly deeds while he was
alive.
In the first case Meriasek's loyalty to Christ is a completed event.
In the second it is a state during which much happened.