[Spellyans] Easter morning, etc.

ajtrim at msn.com ajtrim at msn.com
Wed Nov 12 16:01:03 GMT 2008

I put forward a wild theory. I'll leave it for you learned folks to find
evidence or disprove:

<dédh> is "a day", <an jédh> is "the day", <an jorna> is "the duration of a
day", <de> is short for <dédh> because the word was unstressed before day
names, and <dh> was weak.

The form <hedhyw> means "this day" or an instance of a repeating day. There
was only one Easter day but each year has an instance of Easter. <du>/<dew>
is short for <hedhyw> -- so it should be dyw Pask. Both were used and the
<dÿ>~<dë> word.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim