[Spellyans] y-umlaut in 'Beunans Meriasek' ?

ajtrim at msn.com ajtrim at msn.com
Fri Nov 21 02:11:48 GMT 2008

In lines 139 & 140, we have:

ke ha due pan vy plesyes myns may hyllen sur esyes
This would indicate that <ij> is another way of writing <ye>.

This is consistent with <ÿ> being another way of writing <ye>.

In lines 229 & 230, we have:

ahanas vs 3yn cowsys
du asota mur presijs

This would indicate that -sys and -sijs are pronounced the same, so presumably, -syes would have had the same pronunciation too.

In lines 555 & 556, filij rhymes with yly.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim