[Spellyans] y-umlaut in 'Beunans Meriasek' ?

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Sat Nov 22 14:18:56 GMT 2008

Andrew, Michael, Nicholas,

My explanation is that -ijs, -yys, -yes, -iyz etc. stand for [jIs] or [jIz].
As far as I can see they occur in the verbal adjectives of verbs with the
verbal noun ending -ya [j@], so I suspect the [j] was "imported" from the
verbal noun and that this class of verbs forms its verbal adjective with
/jIs/.

Dan

  _____