[Spellyans] Onan

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Mon Nov 24 10:26:30 GMT 2008

Indeed it is, Dan.  I just can't get my head around why the change for
the sake of one vowel which is schwa in any case.  Especially when the
Cornish motto "Onen hag Oll" is on the sides of vans, on letterheads,
signboards, etc., which will all have to be changed at significant
expense.  It just seems so senseless.

Craig

On 24 Du 2008, at 10:03, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> Ray, Craig,
> I found 49 examples of the spelling <onan> in Middle Cornish as well
> as another 24 examples of <honan>. It’s an authentic spelling.
> Dan

Craig Weatherhill