[Spellyans] Onan

ajtrim at msn.com ajtrim at msn.com
Mon Nov 24 11:55:24 GMT 2008

We should not get too worked up about existing spelling choices and
expensive paint jobs on vans.
Some English mottos are still in Latin. We don't try to correct or change
those.

However, for any new use, we should use the best spellings available.

These should be based on traditional spellings and the proposed underlying
phonology.

I would go for allowing both <onyn> and <onen>.

Although <onan> is better attested than <onen> it does not seem to fit our
proposed orthography as well.
The form <onyn> should be allowed as it is the most common form.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim