[Spellyans] SWF questionable wordforms

Craig Weatherhill weatherhill at freenet.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 16:17:33 IST 2008

We do have *Durocornovio from the Ravenna Cosmography (c. 700 AD<c.400
AD), implying *Cornou.  We also have pre-Norman references to Custennin
Gorneu (date unknown), and rex Cerniu from the Welsh Easter Annals for
875 AD. Domesday (1086) has Cornugallia and Cornualia.  Kernow in its
present spelling is first found c.1400.

I have no idea whether these help, but I offer them all the same.

Craig