[Spellyans] SWF questionable wordforms

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Wed Sep 17 10:27:04 IST 2008

By analogy with 'tavas', I think that 'dewas' would be better than
'dewes'. There seems to be a set of words that end '-as' in the singular
and '-osow' in the plural:Ordinalia: davas; taves
Sacrament an Altar: tavas
Bodewryd MS: tavas, tavosaw — tongue, tongues Pascon agan Arluth: beghas,
peghes
Ordinalia: begh; feghas; fehas; peg; peghosow; pehes; pehosow
Ton, Rad. (1504): pehas; fehas; pegh; fehosou
Jordan (1611): fehosowe So we should write:'dewas', 'dewosow','tavas',
'tavosow','peghas', 'peghosow'. In the case of 'dyskas', we have no
plural attested.Pascon agan Arluth: dyskas
Ordinalia: deskes; dyskes; thescas; thyskes; tyskesHowever, one might
posit a plural, '*descosow'.
Jon