[Spellyans] Language tags for Cornish orthographies

ajtrim at msn.com ajtrim at msn.com
Mon Sep 29 13:26:04 IST 2008

I have some comments/questions:

What is the impact of this? What do we gain by having a tag and subtag? What
does it do? Who needs to agree to it? How would people know?
It is difficult to comment on this until we understand the consequences.

I assume that <kw> is short for "kernuak" in it's various spellings.

If so, the subtags should also be in Cornish (and in their own orthography.)

That would rule out the proposed subtags that start with "cor" and also
exclude those containing "SWF".

Should each language group propose their own tag? Should it be coordinated
by a central authority?
There will probably be further orthogaphies proposed at various future
times. Their "owners" may want to have their own subtag too!

Is KD still current or has it faded away?

Do we need another subtag to indicate original traditional spelling from the
historical texts? What about Lhuyd's spelling?

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim