[Spellyans] Goat

Pat Miller patmiller4 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 12 17:39:11 BST 2009

And me, I agree with you Craig!
Pat

www.agantavas.org.uk

________________________________
From: Craig Weatherhill <craig at agantavas.org>
To: Standard Cornish discussion list <spellyans at kernowek.net>
Sent: Sunday, 12 April, 2009 5:30:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Spellyans] Goat

All bar me, it seems.  Historic place names (if from Cornish sources) are part of the scribal tradition. They're not all on maps - in fact, very few are.  You'll find them on Cornish pipe rolls, assize rolls, charters, inventories, probate documents, etc. etc.  For me, that makes them part of the Cornish scribal tradition and, accordingly, should be taken seriously.  I always have in that regard.

Craig

--
Craig Weatherhill