[Spellyans] 1st person singular preterite 'mynnys' and 'gallos'

nicholas williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:17:45 BST 2009

The 3rd preterite leueris is attested over twenty times.
For the most part, however, -is, where it occurs, is a variant of -ys
in the verbal adjective.
The only reason for mynnis is that -is is written in KK.

The preterite of gallos is gallas:

Eneff iudas ny allas dos yn mes war y anow PA 106a
bythqueth na allas e zon PA 169c
rak ny allas den yn beys anotho gul defnyth vas OM 2547-48
ef a allas dyougel del glowys y leuerel PC 2873-74.

Nicholas