[Spellyans] Goat

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Apr 6 18:07:47 IST 2009

On 6 Apr 2009, at 17:19, Daniel Prohaska wrote:

> Most forms of Revived Cornish are based on Middle Cornish. The
> scribal tradition we all hold dear is Middle Cornish. Middle Cornish
> has gaver.

The scribal tradition gives us orthographic forms and patterns. We do
not (as our detractors have often said of us) insist on individual
attestations to choose specific spellings. That is a shallow
interpretation of how we respect the scribal tradition.

You can't argue that the wordform "gavar" violates the scribal
tradition, even though that form is not attested in what MC what we
have left to us (particularly as it is attested in both OC and LC).